This is how a referee rated James:
I have been tutoring professionally for over 8 years and had multiple students from all levels of high school and university, and have mainly helped with Maths, Chemistry, Biology, and Essay Writing.
I have completed a Masters of Teaching at the University of Toronto, focusing on the neuroscience of learning and how it impacts on student achievement and wellbeing.
COVID 19 has made classroom learning difficult. I will ensure learning continues with one-to-one Online tutoring sessions using ZOOM online meetings or Skype.
I am a Ontario Certified Teacher with 3 years of Teaching Experience and have taught at the Middle School and High School level as a teacher in:
• Environmental Science
• Health and Human Development,
• General Science,
• Maths to Grade 7- 11
Tutor Elementary Students Focusing on Literacy, Reading, Writing, and Numeracy Skills
• English Literacy: Years 5 - 12.
Tutor Secondary subjects
• English, Biology, Geography, Health and Human Development, Environmental Studies,
The evidence on learning is really clear:
1. Establish a relationship with the student, building mutual trust and respect.
2. Identify the current level of each student, and their personal drives and passions.
3. Create motivation to learn, and setting achievable, realistic goals.
4. Provide strategies for reaching those goals.
5. Give plenty of opportunities for practice, and make them fun.
6. Give generous dollops of constructive, positive and detailed feedback.
I do this because it works - and thousands of studies from around the world confirm it.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- University of Toronto (2018) - Teaching (Masters) (✘ Not On File)