Information About Chris - Kingston tutor
This is how 4 referees rated Chris:
|College / University||$40.00|
I am an Ontario Certified Teacher based in Kingston, Ontario. I graduated from Queen's University with Bachelor's degrees in French (physics minor) and education. I have experience teaching high school and university classes as well as tutoring at the university level, and I find teaching to be rewarding, fulfilling work.
- B.Ed. teaching placements (10 weeks total teaching grade 9-10 French and grade 11 physics, two weeks working with high-needs students in a classroom environment)
- Undergraduate teaching placements (8 weeks total working in classes from grades 5 to 10 in a variety of subjects, with students of varying levels of ability and need)
- TA experience in first-year university French
- Tutoring first- and second-year university French students
There is no universal approach to teaching or tutoring. I prefer to take time to learn what students would like to get out of tutoring sessions, and make a plan to achieve those goals. I believe that teaching should be a collaborative process, and that both myself and my students should feel accountable for decisions we make and progress we achieve. I ask more questions than I give answers, to encourage students not only to learn how to solve problems, but to become problem solvers.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Queen's University (2018) - BEd (Intermediate-Senior divisions, French and physics as teachable subjects) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Queen's University (2017) - BAH (French studies major, physics minor) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)