Information About CamilaToronto tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Camila:
Are you considering learning Portuguese? Here are some reasons why Portuguese might be an excellent choice for you:
• Portuguese is the sixth most widely spoken language in the world with over 230 million speakers in four continents.
• The official language of eight countries: Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, East Timor, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique, Portugal, and São Tome and Príncipe, Madeira and the Azores.
• Widely spoken, though not official, in parts of India, Macau, Andorra, Luxemburg, Paraguay, South Africa, and Namibia.
• The working and/or official language in important international organizations such as the African Union, the Community of Portuguese Language Countries, the European Union, the Mercosul, the Organization of American States, the Organization of Ibero-American States, and the Union of South American Nations.
• Brazil is a 21st-century economic and industrial powerhouse. It is the 6th largest economy in the world.
• Numerous scientists consider Brazil to be the country with the most important biological diversity in the world.
• You want to learn Portuguese as it's your partner's native language and you want to improve communication between you.
• I teach European Portuguese (Portugal), Brazilian Portuguese (Brazil) and African Portuguese (Angola and Mozambique)
So what are you waiting for? Come learn Portuguese with me. I can offer you one hour of Portuguese tuition completely free of charge.
Advantages of learning with me:
- Private tuition either one-on-one or in small groups
I teach one-to-one or to small groups. If you have friends or colleagues that want to learn a language with you and are at a similar level, you can study together at a discounted rate.
- Online tuition saves you time and money
Having online classes at your home or office can save you a lot of time and money, with all the comfort and practicality that you desire.
- You choose the day and time of your lessons
Private tuition is the most flexible and convenient way to learn a language. You choose the day and time that best suits your needs.
- Flexible courses
My courses are also flexible, which means you do not need to commit to a long-term course that traditional language schools provide. You can plan your learning and have classes when you want. You can reschedule your lessons if for some reason you are unable to have them. You are free to change day and time of your lessons according to your needs.
- All material included
All material is included, which is carefully selected to meet your learning needs.
- All levels and objectives covered
I teach Portuguese to all levels and objectives. From beginner to advanced, for business and travel purposes, for adults and children, for GCSE and A Level or beyond. I offer a course that teaches you what you want to learn at your own pace.
• General training: I teach how to use Portuguese in everyday situations, like introducing yourself to someone; giving personal information; going to a restaurant; asking directions; making a reservation in a hotel; using public transport, etc.
• Business: My teaching method is based on a communicative approach, focusing on achieving fluency, improving reading and listening comprehension, and expanding vocabulary. I teach the use of Portuguese in a variety of business environments, based on key skills like presenting information, taking part in meetings and videoconferences, handling telephone calls, negotiating and writing concise business letters, e-mails or reports.
• E-learning: My e-learning method is specifically designed for adults who may have limited hours available, prefer the convenience of learning online and need to improve their Portuguese language skills quickly.
• GCSE and A-level exams: I coach the student using past papers, besides writing, reading and listening exercises.
• Children and Teenagers: My lessons for children and teenagers are varied and enjoyable, with music, culture, and multimedia features to make the learning process very enjoyable and practical.
• Primary and Secondary Education, MYP (Middle Years Programme) and Diploma Curriculum at International Schools. I provide alphabetization courses and teach Portuguese as a mother tongue language at primary level. At a secondary level, I teach Portuguese Language and Literature according to the IB curriculum.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- UNIGRAN - London (2018) - Degree in Portuguese Language and Literature (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)