Information about Chun-Ni - Chatswood tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Chun-Ni:
Does your child need additional support or enrichment in maths in an one-on-one setting? Do you feel your child's maths teacher at school does not cater for his/her individual needs?
I am a master of teaching student majoring in secondary maths and will finish my degree in June 2019. I worked as an engineer for more than 10 years prior to the career change to become a teacher. I completed chemical engineering with first class honours at UNSW in 2002 and achieved a UAI of 97.1 in 1998. I am passionate about teaching and learning maths. Being part of your or your child's learning journey is extremely rewarding for me.
I am a knowledgeable and approachable maths tutor who is enthusiastic in helping students to achieve their individual goals. I am a mother of two, so I understand how much parents value good education and want to give their children the best support.
I demonstrated the following skills during my practicum at a high school:
• Knowledge and understanding of the contents and outcomes of the NSW year 7 to 12 maths syllabi
• Understanding the physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of students and how these may affect learning
• Knowledge of teaching strategies that correspond to the learning strengths and needs of students
• Provide feedback to students on their learning
• Engage parents/carers in the education process
1. I explain mathematical concepts clearly and relate them to real life examples.
2. I believe in student-centred learning and promote growth mindset. All students can be successful in mathematics with the support of their teachers and parents.
3. I am aware of students having different learning styles, family backgrounds, attitudes, conceptions and misconceptions and will adjust my tutoring approach accordingly.
4. I believe in building a positive relationship with my students and their parents, as good relationship enhances learning.
5. I genuinely care about my students and believe in the learning partnership with their parents.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- UNSW (2003) - Chemical Engineering (Bachelors) (✔ On File)